Business meetings and teaching in classrooms are no more boring practices. They are now entertaining practices with the use of a document camera. A document camera helps to display information on the large screen. You can use them for displaying messages, images, or videos in a business meeting or in classrooms to the students. A document camera provides an opportunity to learn through interactive discussions. These cameras are a handy tool to give a visual based display of the information. Document cameras have zooming features, built in microphones and storing and scanning abilities.
Other names for the document camera are words like visualizers, docucams, visual presenters, or digital overheads. They are real time image capturing device that is used for displaying information to a large audience. It works like an opaque projector. They have the ability to magnify objects. They also have the ability to give a three-dimensional view of the transparences and objects. A document camera is actually high-resolution web cam, mounted on the stand, making it possible to place it on pages and project their image. This allows a presenter or a teacher to display the writing on a paper to a large audience.
A document camera can display the image of almost every object. The user just needs to display the object under the document camera. The camera will click the picture, giving a live picture, displayed by a monitor, or projector. Document cameras are very flexible in a sense that they allow easy placement of the objects. You can easily place large objects beneath the camera because the camera can rotate in every direction. To increase the working area, you can use a ceiling mount for the document camera.
You do not need to dim your room lighting to use a document camera. Most document cameras have the ability to send video signals to PC via USB cord. Document cameras can connect to interactive whiteboards rather than with the standard screen. The document camera can work with a microscope as well.
Applications of a Document Camera
Below are the few applications of a document camera:
- They are useful in the classrooms or lecture halls to display objects on large screens.
- They work for presenting information in business meetings, conferences or training sessions.
- They are useful for video conferencing in classrooms and business gatherings with the clients in other parts of the world.
- In courtrooms, they work for presenting visual evidence.
- Document cameras have multiple applications in the medical field, like for displaying X-rays. They are also useful in telepathology and telemedicine.
- Just like traditional transparences, document camera is used magnify the small objects in the books with their zoom feature.
- Desktop and portable models
Types of Document Cameras
Desktop document cameras are stable models. They are like overhead projectors. Portable cameras can be used anywhere with requiring any installation.
- Ceiling models
They are unique in the sense that they have the ability to display larger objects. Its system requires installing in the ceiling they are mostly use for video conferencing.